The Bible is our ultimate guide and authority, the standard by which we live (2 Timothy 3:16)
We respond to the goodness and greatness of God by humbling ourselves before Him (John 4:23)
Our love for God is proved true by the way we love one another (Hebrews 10:23-25)
Jesus came to proclaim, heal, free, and restore; so do we in His name (Luke 4:16-21)
The following five principles make up the core theological non-negotiables of the The Fairview Church:
(1) Jesus is Lord, above all others, Son of God and Son of Man;
(2) the Holy Spirit is an active Person of the Triune God, able to fill us and empower us to do what we otherwise could not, in the pursuit of holiness;
(3) the Church of God is called to be a catalyst for the unity of the Body of Christ;
(4) the Great Commandments (to love God with our whole selves and others as ourselves), identified by Jesus as the sum of the law and the prophets; and
(5) the supremacy of the Holy Bible: we are a people of the Word, knowing it to be the supernatural measure of all faith, conduct, and practice.
We believe in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son.
We believe in the virgin birth.
We believe that Christ was crucified and buried and that on the third day He rose from the dead.
We believe that He rose up into heaven and sits at God’s right hand and from this position He shall come to judge all people.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins, and the resurrection of the body.
We believe in His Word, that it is both perfect and without error, the final authority on all matters of faith and practice.
We believe that every person who has accepted Christ’s forgiveness is a member of the church of God.